What is it?
MBProbe is a program which monitors voltages, temperatures and fan speeds using hardware monitoring chip(s) available on many modern motherboards. Its features include:
- Up to 9 voltage, 4 temperature and 3 fan speed readings (subject to the limitations of hardware monitoring chip(s) present).
- Automatic detection of monitoring chips.
- Small memory footprint.
- Setting of nominal voltage and fan speeds with warning thresholds.
- Setting of temperature warning limits and offset readings.
- Setting of sensor used for each temperature reading.
- Temperature display in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Customisable task when critical temperature is exceeded for more than 30 seconds continuously.
- Ignores fan warnings for 10 seconds after system comes out of suspend.
- Swappable temperature display in status icon on taskbar.
- Motherboard Probe also offers Event and history logs.
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0 or Windows 2000
- Motherboard with hardware monitoring capability
- Supports motherboards multiple temperature-only monitoring chips (SMBus)
- Chipset with SMBus host controller (required for SMBus monitoring chips)
- Optional thermistors to measure temperature (for Winbond chips)
- Optional FanTemp to measure temperature using fan inputs
The download can be found at the following mirror sites:
MBProbe is free for non-commercial use.
MBProbe may be freely distributed as long as the files in this archive are unchanged and no fee is charged for its distribution. No part of this program may be reverse engineered, dissasembled, decompiled, or be used as part of another program.
MBProbe is provided “as is” and without any warranty. The author cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to you or your equipment as a result of using this program. Use it at your own risk.
By using MBProbe, you agree to the terms of this license.